Hassle-free long-distance driving
If you’re driving anywhere in Canada or in the U.S. states, it’s good to know that you won’t be stranded with less coverage than you need. When you purchase this protection, we’ll take care of those extra expenses that can arise if you sustain a loss that is covered under your insurance policy while you’re on the road.
Here’s how it works.
This add-on to your auto insurance policy offers these key advantages:
- If you’re involved in an accident, or your car is vandalized or stolen, you may benefit up to $1,500 of coverage for the rental of a replacement vehicle.
- You and anybody insured under your policy may also be covered for up to $50,000 for damage to rented or borrowed cars, anywhere in Canada and in the U.S. states.
- Across Canada, except for Quebec policy holders, you get reimbursed for towing and emergency service expenses up to $50 per incident.
- Your deductible may also be waived up to $500 in the event of a total loss or a hit-and-run, as long as it is reported to the police within 24 hours.
- You must have car insurance with us and satisfy its conditions.
- You must be a licensed driver of a private passenger vehicle.
- In Alberta, Ontario, Quebec and the Atlantic provinces, you must carry liability insurance.
- In the Atlantic provinces, you must carry all-perils or collision or comprehensive or specified-perils coverage.
- You must reside in Alberta, Ontario, Quebec or in an Atlantic province. The coverage is not available in British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Northwest Territories, Yukon and Nunavut.
In case of discrepancy between the information provided on this website and your insurance policy, your insurance policy prevails. Remember, the exclusions and limitations specified in your policy apply in all circumstances.